Tips for Finding the Right Buyer’s Agent (and when/if you need one)
We had a question this week that we wanted to share with you, in case you are wondering about the why, how and when of working with a Buyers Agent.
So, here are some of our top tips on finding a Buyers Agent & what to look out for:
- Define your goals and requirements: Start by clearly defining your objectives, budget, desired location, and specific features you’re looking for in a property. This will help you communicate your needs effectively to your buyer’s agent.
- Seek referrals and conduct research: Ask friends, family, and colleagues for recommendations of reliable buyer’s agents they have worked with successfully in the past. Additionally, research buyers agents online and read reviews to gather a list of potential agents.
- Chat with multiple agents: Take the time to chat with multiple buyer’s agents before making a decision. Prepare a list of questions to ask regarding their experience, knowledge of the local market, availability, and track record.
- Assess market expertise: A buyer’s agent with a deep understanding of the local market can provide valuable insights and help you navigate through off-market opportunities. Look for agents who have extensive experience in the specific area you’re interested in.
- Strong negotiation skills: The ability to negotiate effectively is crucial when working with a buyer’s agent. Look for someone who has a proven track record of securing favourable deals for their clients.
- Communication and availability: Open and frequent communication is essential throughout the buying process. Ensure that your agent is responsive, readily available, and willing to keep you updated on new listings and developments.
- Understand their fee structure: Discuss the buyers agents fee structure upfront to avoid any surprises. Some buyers agents charge a percentage of the purchase price, others charge a flat fee. Many ask for a mandate fee upfront when you engage them. Understand it and get it in writing.
- Trust your instincts: Finally, trust your instincts when selecting a buyer’s agent. Choose someone with whom you feel comfortable, confident, and who aligns with your vision and goals.
More info on buyers agents plus other questions answered can be found in Episode 55 of the Property Mastermind Podcast! It is a must listen with information on topics such as the journey to semi-retirement, and more!
Click on the link to your preferred podcast platform below.
If you have any questions, reach out to us via email – email@example.com
Kind Words From Our Students
"You can trust these guys"
You can trust these guys, they are professional, reliable, honest, knowledgeable, problem-solvers; who build a diversified range of quality products that deliver great returns.
Danny Mourani, NSW
"I loved the course."
I loved the course. It had all the info and more to put myself into a position to look at developing property full time.
The 3 day online workshop was great! So thorough, so knowledgeable and Bob has so much experience to draw from. Very impressed!
AS SEEN IN