04 Aug Interview with Mary Brownell – First Time Developer | #009
Two words for today’s episode: Courage and Conviction. Sometimes, there comes a time when we are forced to take action for many different reasons. After a divorce, Mary realised she needed to do something to make money, and her journey led her to a rather large project that is a masterpiece for Hobart.
In today’s episode, I chatted with Mary Brownell — a first-time developer who had previously completed a few renovations and then began a project that escalated. Mary did a great job and has created something amazing for the city of Hobart.
Mary tells us of the challenges she had, but despite the challenges, she made it. The reason I brought Mary into this episode is to inspire people who are interested in property development to know that it is possible for everybody.
Mary’s wall plaque that helped her on the way was…
“Through mud and blood to greener pastures.”
- Introduction [0:00]
- What inspired Mary to do property development? [1:09]
- Mary talks about her recent project [1:42]
- Coping with fast growth [7:07]
- Mary talks about her life challenges and how that pushed her to charge forward in her property development journey [10:59]
- Empowering women through property development [13:54]
- If you could go back and change something, what would you have done differently? [18:52]
- A supportive circle of people can go a long way (even influence your children’s lives) [21:21]
- How does Mary feel about her accomplishments? [25:23]
- Mary shares her plans for the near future [26:04]
- What was Mary’s property journey like? [27:27]
Mary Brownell is a local developer who is well-known for her project, “The Rox” at Hobart. Mary has made it big time as she makes it to magazines and newspapers for a commendation on her work — “The Rox”.
- Visit Mary Brownell’s website: https://www.roxhobart.com.au/
- Every week, Hilary is inclined to give away a free coaching session. Feel free to send her an email at email@example.com
- If you liked this episode, or have any comments and/or suggestions on how we can make this better, don’t hesitate to send us an email. For questions/things you’d like us to cover and discuss in this podcast, again, you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Hilary Saxton:
- Property Mastermind Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PropertyMastermind
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hilarysaxtonproperty/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hilary-saxton/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt31KlQu9azoojEHPLvXgmA
It has been a pleasure! Looking forward to seeing you in the future episodes!